Saturday 19 June 2021

Keeping Up Appearances

It seems to me that most women my age have a signature look, a style. If you were on a shopping trip you could pick something up and say that is so such a person. They seem to have their shit together, I'm not talking ALL their shit. Women my age have more than likely gone through lots and lots of THAT shit and have learnt to handle it in a better way with the benefit of wisdom that age brings and choosing the battles to fight or do a "Frozen" and just let it go, but in terms of how they choose to  present themselves to the world. Me, well I seem to have gone from having quite an interest in getting dolled up and clothes buying to actually not giving a shit. I struggle year on year with the transition from winter to spring. My love of "loungewear" has intensified over the last year. I see other women in gorgeous loungewear looking casually stunning whilst mine will have bleach splatters on part of it or it is none coordinating. The minute I'm home I step out of my uniform, bra off, jump in the bath snd on goes a clean sorry description of loungewear.

I bought some shorts the other week in preparation for the good weather. They were neither the best looking shorts or skirt not a skort and I realised I looked like something out of a Dawn French comedy sketch. You see I have reverse body dysmorphia, I think I look alright until I see a below the head shot of a photograph of me and realise I’m fat. The shorts weren’t a good look. Oh how I wish I was one of those women who in the warmer months don a pair of shorts and t shirt and look amazing. 

The shed for the allotment had been collected and as J was up to help his dad they decided to put it up on Friday. There was a lot of effing and jeffing. J asking how much I’d paid for it as it was a bit worse for wear. I knew OH could sort it and he refused point blank J’s offer of a new one. His words were if I had 10k in my arse pocket nobody is paying £250 for a new shed for the allotment. They made it good and it is kind of fit for purpose.

As the weather is now quite good I needed to decide what my lottie attire would be. Early in the year of acquiring the allotment I could wear any shit but I think I needed lottie summer clothes. OH checked his wardrobe for shirts and shorts. I now resemble an episode of Some Mother’s Do Have Em but they serve a purpose. I also have come to the conclusion that flip flops don’t cut it a sturdy foot support is required. I have my gear.

On Sunday the shed was painted and not unlike me it is a bit shabby around the edges, weather worn and needs a little bit of support here and there, but a lick of paint and it’s scrubbed up well.

The shed represents a little bit of my space and as far as I’m concerned unlike me is keeping up appearances.


Sha x




No comments:

Contact Me